Please note the deadline for booking into the Congress crèche has now passed.
The RANZCP 2019 Organising Committee is pleased to announce the availability of a crèche for exclusive use by the Congress delegates.
Please read through the below frequently asked questions to find out more.
Who is eligible to access the services?
All Congress delegates are eligible to access the crèche.
What are the ages of children permitted?
The crèche facilities are open to all children aged between 18 months up to 12 years.
Who is providing the services?
Executive Babysitting is Cairns’ longest-established (with over 30 years’ professional babysitting experience) and most respected locally owned babysitting agency. All of their babysitters deliver a service that frees up your time while making it entertaining for your children to be involved in fun activities.
About their services:
- A team of specially selected professional carers all abide by a strict Code of Conduct
- Their brilliant team is constantly sought after by local, interstate and international visitors alike
- They are the number one babysitting agency recommended by leading hotels and resorts in Cairns and Port Douglas
The Executive Babysitting team:
- All their babysitters are qualified in First Aid and hold the mandatory “Blue Card” Police check, which is issued by the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardians
- Their staff are mostly mothers themselves and therefore have a better understanding of children and their needs and so enjoy a special rapport with the children in their care.
- The majority of their babysitters hold childcare qualifications, have teaching or nursing experience.
- Their staff ensure your children enjoy a thoroughly entertaining and delightful experience
Where will the crèche be located?
The crèche will be located in the Agincourt Room on Level 1 of the Pullman Cairns International Hotel (17 Abbott Street, Cairns), approximately 7 minutes walk from the Convention Centre.
When will the crèche be open?
The crèche will be open during the following dates and times.
- Sunday 12 May: 9.00am-4.30pm
(morning session: 9.00am-1.00pm; afternoon session: 1.00pm-4.00pm)
- Monday 13 May: 7.45am-6.00pm
(morning session: 7.45am-1.00pm; afternoon session: 1.00pm-6.00pm)
- Tuesday 14 May: 8.00am-5.30pm
(morning session: 8.00am-1.00pm; afternoon session: 1.00pm-5.30pm)
- Wednesday 15 May: 8.00am-6.00pm
(morning session: 8.00am-1.00pm; afternoon session: 1.00pm-6.00pm)
- Thursday 16 May: 8.30am-1.15pm
What is the cost for the crèche?
The cost for each morning or afternoon session is $45 inc GST per child. A full day session is charged at $90 inc GST per child.
What is included?
- Age and developmentally appropriate equipment, games and toys
- Arts and craft materials
- Fully qualified childcare professionals
- Nappy changing – parents are asked to bring their own nappies to ensure your preferences are catered for
What is not included?
- Sleeping blankets
What do I need to supply?
- Labelled food in containers. Parents are to provide a healthy snack for morning tea (if staying for the morning session or full day), afternoon tea (if staying for the full day or for the afternoon session only) as well as a meal for lunch (if staying all day). Chocolates, nuts or lollies are not permitted.
- Change of clothes, bibs, linen, special comfort toys and nappies/wipes.
- Labelled water bottle and/or milk bottles, including formula.
- Sleeping blankets.
- Any additional requirements relating to allergies.
- Medications (to be included in child’s backpack and labelled with the child’s name). Please note you may also be required to sign a form on the day to give carers permission to administer your child/ren’s medication
- Labels for all personal items.
Conditions of entry
- Sign your child or children in before leaving them in the care of our staff.
- Sign your child or children out when collecting them from the care of our staff.
- No child or children should be removed without prior notification to Executive Babysitters staff.
- Children with infectious conditions cannot be accepted into the crèche. Such conditions include chicken pox, mumps, measles, conjunctivitis, gastroenteritis, diarrhoea, vomiting and head lice.
- Chocolates, nuts and lollies must NOT be brought into the crèche or left in bags at the crèche.
If a cancellation is made within two weeks prior a $35 cancellation fee will be charged.
How do I book?
If you would like to book into the crèche please contact the Congress Office. Please note that all enrollment forms must be received by Friday 26 April.
For those of you who will have a young child or children but do not wish to use the crèche service, a parents room is available in the Main Foyer on the Exhibition Level of the Cairns Convention Centre. The parents room includes a change table, nappy bins and lounges.